Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Lost, but not found.


Have you seen my new posts?

Neither have I. And I have been looking; trust me - Oh, I have been looking.

Nearly a couple of months back, I was on my merry way trying to add posts to my blog. Then it struck me - Aren't there enough blogs in the blogosphere already? What value am I going to add with my little scripts? There must be somebody else who sees the world the way I do and blogs about it. So I started looking. I began by subscribing to other blogs, then started reading what google suggested I would be interested in.(How do they know me so well? Its like we have been blood brothers.) There were some that matched my thinking.As I read through them in detail, I found myself disagreeing on a bunch of stuff and accumulating more thoughts in my brain (afterthoughts, to be precise). I could leave comments, but then the space wouldnt be enough and who knows if the author looks at them?

Right about 5 minutes ago, I gave up. Just because millions of people voted the way I did does not mean that I should not vote. I may not be entitled to to my own facts, but I am definitelty entitled to my own opinions. And with the marvel of today's technology, I can broadcast them from the comforts of my home (actually my small apartment is not that comfortable, but you get the point.) I apologize to all of you for flushing down all those posts down my brain instead of sharing it with a wider audience. I will try to suction out and salvage some of the important ones.

Meanwhile in the real world, the holiday season was anything but that. A whirlwind tour of Disneyland and Universal studios with 2 kids and 3 other families (9 kids in all) during the christmas weekend can never pass as a holiday trip, no matter what it is disguised as. No, I have not yet watched Avatar and 3 Idiots like the rest of world. I have seen so many idiots (if you must know - yes, including the ones in the mirror), so I figured, what's 3 more? As another year rolled by, I am glad I am this old - I don't worry that much about the down time of facebook or the number of friends on my internet social networking circles. I have real friends and they don't need to check their phones or their tweets to know where I am @. I guess I am lucky not to be in gen z(or gen me for that matter).

In closing, let me point out that I am not closing (shop, that is).

Image Courtesy : http://turntablephilanthropy.com

3 comments:

UL said...

Well glad to see you vote, glad to see you back...cant believe you are the third blogger who visited disneyland recently...i think you and Anamika might have passed each other out there... :) Happy New Year to you too...

and oh...no matter how similar your thoughts sound to someone else's...there's uniqueness in the thousands of blogs out there...inner perspectives vary from person to person- no matter what - but underneath we are all really the same - human after all - and you happen to be one of those people who just noticed the similarity between all of us while most others are so sunk in their self worth, what they consider their uniqueness - they hardly notive...now go figure that one out if you can - because if I read it again, wont make one bit of sense of to me and i will be tempted to delete it, so i am just gonna post it...funny your title to this post kind of reflects my thougts on Typing Away yesterday...check it out if you havent already to see what i mean. greetings to the family, your daughter must be getting bigger...how old is she now?

anamika said...

reading this now! yes,like UL said, I too was wondering we might have crossed each other! Interesting! Welcome back!

A-kay said...

Am here from UL's and just wanted to stop by to say you have a nice blog here.