Tuesday, January 13, 2009

May your Happiness jigsaw puzzle come together!


Now that we are well into the New Year, the downpour of "Happy New Year" wishes have slimmed down to a trickle or a drop here and there. Though small, my reader base holds special value to me. All of us lead extremely busy lives and any time dedicated to non stellar blogs like mine is hugely appreciated(by me). Needless to say, I had a big urge to wish all of you a great holiday season and a Happy new year. But then the afterthought struck me (refer blog title :>)  - it would just be another robotic wish in this age of automation. Depending on your viewpoint, this blog will provide with you an  a la carte of flavors, but vanilla, you shall not receive. (with whole hearted apologies to lovers of the vanilla flavor). 

Enough of the preface - on to my complex New Year Wish. Let me share what I think - hopefully it will prompt you to think about what a "Happy New Year" wish means to you and how to go about achieving the same.

I have always thought that happiness is a jigsaw puzzle. The fortunate few are able to assemble all the pieces in the right order and voila! - there's happiness abound. But if you are like most others, you are happy if you are able to find a majority of those pieces and put them together. The size and shapes of those pieces differ as you journey through life. In my late teens, the largest piece that formed the puzzle was "get wasted and party" - not so much now (partly because my body doesn't want to put up with it).  Right now, the biggest piece in my happiness puzzle is the health and well being of my family (yes, I am that old) and the other small pieces include my job, friends (this piece is relatively large, but has a complex shape - sometimes I am confused as to where it fits) and other extra curricular activities. When you have irritants at your workplace, remember -  it is only a small piece of your puzzle; you still get to keep the other pieces!

So I wish you this - May your happiness jigsaw puzzle come together this year and may it stay that way. You may have to readjust it from time to time when the shapes of things change - the recipe of happiness is an ever changing one. If everyone were happy with the same things, we would all be fighting for those anyway. 

Let the New Year bring you the ability to find your pieces, fit it all together without much difficulty and enjoy the finished product in every way possible.  Happy New Year!
 

4 comments:

UL said...

I really could use a completed puzzle, at the moment I am in the middle of a pretty complex one, still enjoying the fun of putting it together, and may be looking forward with longing for the completed piece...although that suits me well, i am all about fitting a section, taking a break, coming back and trying some more..as long as it lasts, I have my happiness..to each his own right? Happy New Year to you too.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Scribbler said...

@Anonymous - whoever you are, thanks for the frank and unabashed opinion. Certainly valuable feedback!

Anonymous said...

You have really great taste on catch article titles, even when you are not interested in this topic you push to read it