Monday, November 7, 2011

Milestone Check

Milestones are important for various reasons. Of course, it tells you how far your destination is, but I am more interested in knowing how far I have traveled.  A reflection on the path so far, a guess on how it will be from now on - all follows.

I have not kept my support and admiration for Obama a secret. So it was not surprising when someone asked me about how my support for Obama was doing, a year before the elections. Sure, I am disappointed that all my assumptions about him did not bear fruit, but he cannot be held accountable for the little garden I had built in my head for a more peaceful, tolerant world.


  • Passed healthcare reform even with obstruction from the blue "dog(s)" democrats.
  • Got Osama in the head while making fun of opposition leaders at the White House press corps dinner event.
  • Repealed "Don't ask, Don't tell".
  • Credit Card reform, Student Loan reform enacted.
  • Got Awlaki without having a soldier step on Libyan land.
  • Initiated withdrawal from Iraq.

And many other things that moves mankind forward - even though inch by inch.

So "How is the hope and change stuff working for you"  you ask?

Very well, thank you.

Now, on to the reelection  campaign of 2012.

No comments: